In an effort to foster greater understanding between Washington University in St. Louis and our adjacent neighborhoods, the Washington University Neighbors’ Council was established in Fall 1999.
Modeled in a similar fashion to the university’s national councils, the neighbors’ council carries a three-year term of service.
The goals of the council are:
- Provide information regarding municipal and/or neighborhood issues
- Provide information regarding the progress of university initiatives and programs
- Identify and capitalize on the mutual interests of the neighborhoods and the university
- Develop stronger linkages between the neighborhoods and the university
- Incorporate suggestions of the council participants
Current Neighbors’ Council Members
|City of Clayton||City of St. Louis||City of University City|
Cindy Lander Wallach